Don’t forget: Nov. 1 is the deadline to declare your enrollment for employee insurance benefits beginning Jan. 1, 2014. You must meet with a counselor and get your paperwork in order, even if you are continuing the same coverage. You also will find out about some changes. One of them: To keep insurance premiums at the 8-percent-increase cap, CCS has increased annual out-of-pocket maximums to $600 (from $500) for single, in-network coverage and to $1,200 (from $1,000) per family, in-network. Co-pays are now included in the maximum out-of-pocket costs. Pharmacy co-pays may not apply, depending on your plan.
You can schedule a time at your building to meet in person with a counselor, or you may enroll or re-enroll online with a benefits counselor. To schedule your call center appointment, you will need to complete the steps below:
• Go to www.iSelectSchedule.com
• Enter the CCS Enrollment Number: 61436
• Follow the on-screen instructions for scheduling your appointment.
• You will receive an email confirmation and reminder with the CCS enrollment phone number.
• On your appointment date and time, you will need to call the CCS enrollment phone number provided in your email.
Dependent eligibility verification is not required unless you are enrolling a new dependent on your benefit plans. In Ohio, extended dependent coverage is available for unmarried dependents up to age 28.
In order to complete your enrollment, you will need to have the birthdates and Social Security numbers of your dependents and your life insurance beneficiary.
If you are adding a new dependent, you need to contact the Benefits Department at 365-6475 before Nov. 1 to ensure that your documentation has been received.