We all know that SB 5 (Issue #2 on our ballot) is unfair, unsafe and hurts us all. But we can't assume everyone knows this. We've done a great job so far, but it's not even close to being over. We must tell our friends and associates why we must repeal this law. We must do it in a personal way, with examples that get to the heart of the matter: their safety and well being.
Here are some things you can say:
* This election is really about fairness, safety and the middle class. Issue #2 is unfair, it makes our communities less safe and it’s bad for the middle class.
* Issue #2 puts the safety of all our families at risk by making it illegal for nurses, teachers and emergency responders to fight for safer staffing levels, critical safety equipment and training that protect them and our communities.
* Issue #2 hurts Ohio families and blames public employees for a mess caused by Wall Street's greed.
* The people abusing the system are not the hard working people of Ohio. They are the politicians making a special exemption just for themselves and upper management. The real crime here is the thousands of middle class Ohioans whose rights have been stripped away while politicians pay back corporate donors.
* I'm worried because Issue #2 will take away my voice in school decisions, like how big our class sizes are. Adding five or six more students will really take away the personal attention that I know my students need.
* You don't solve the problems facing Ohio families by attacking them and putting their safety at risk.
Need more? You also may visit www.weareohio.com. From there, you can share information with everyone you know. Check future editions of The Voice for more talking points.