CEA and CEA-R offer a number of opportunities for the children of members to earn scholarship dollars toward college. This year, the application deadline is Friday, April 7, at 4:30 p.m. The complete application must include the following:
1. A statement of the student’s personal philosophy and goals.
2. Two references: One from a current academic instructor with whom the student has studied during the past year, and one from someone other than a relative.
Scholarship guidelines are listed below:
• The parent or guardian member may request the application and guidelines from the CEA Office or download it from the CEA website.
• Applicants may be graduating high school seniors or students already enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college or university.
• Applicants must have a cumulative point hour of 2.5 or above which must be verified by an official high school or university transcript.
• Applicants must be full-time students while enrolled in college.
• Applicants must include a copy of the Student Aid Report from FASFA.
• Applicants must indicate all financial aid (other than student loans) which they expect to receive.
The Christa McAuliffe Memorial Scholarship, will be granted each year to a student majoring in education (unless no education applicants apply). This scholarship will be 1½ times the amount of any other scholarships awarded. To download the application, click here.
Send completed applications to:
Columbus Education Association
Attn: Spring Scholarship
929 E. Broad Street Columbus, OH 43205